Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A late summer day dream

I step out of the climate controlled cabin of my car and into the haze.

A fashionably dressed man rollerblades in lazy circles while a manic dog, tongue grossly extended, trots along side its owner.

Bored children fidget and play with soggy pretzel sticks while their sodden parents push.

The pat, pat, pat, of feet, the staccato thrum of insects, and the occasional flatulent call of a water-bird fills my ears.

Wet hot air clings to my skin and soaks through my shirt.

A patch of shade cast by gracious trees offers a cool embrace while the sweet smell of cut grass envelopes everything.

A steady stream of grim facades is broken by the occasional “hello”; there is hope for us after all.

Nature, spinning birth from death, continues its thrall.

No comments:

Post a Comment